maanantai 16. tammikuuta 2012

Monday, new week, new start

For my own entertainment (not as Adam Lambert would say) this episode is going to be written in english. We just got back from our cabin; spent 3 nice days there in a hurrendous weather: "God, why does all this snow has to come down at once!!!" The wind was blowing from north which means straight from the lake to our place and boy it was COLD! But, we have the running wather now (thank God for that), electricity was not cut down at all and we just kept the fire going in the fireplace! Very nice.

A week ago on Monday I visited the library of Kokkola and borrowed lots of books and wrote about them earlier, but as the writing was in finnish I´ll mention the ones I´ve read this week. They are
1) Alef / Paulo Coelho
2) Rupture / Simon Lelic ( an englishman)
3) The confession / John Grisham

I warmly recommend each and every one of the books I read. All the time, as I read Paulo Coelhos text I would think of a phrase or two that I´d like to mention in FB or somewhere else as it seemed like such brilliant text. However, I would have to had quoted the whole book to do that; each sentence was pure gold and just had to be enjoyed myself. Please read this book!

Rupture started somewhat weird with a conversation between one gang member and another. Translated from english to finnish...well, not probably so succesfully. I even noticed one mistake in translation as where it was written "the coat was hunging with the sleeve upside down". I´m sure it was ment to be "inside out". Well, not that it would matter. The book was about school shooting; interesting subject these days. Also about bullying at work and school and what it does to those who are the victims. Breathtaking, schoking...this is what is happening in every city all over the world. And we are paying for those results in many ways, not only euros or dollars.

The confession on the other hand was not so excting to start as I knew it would be the great John Grisham who only writes good books (somehow after these two other books I found it a little bit boring :S) So I started it, only to fall into it right away...abut a black kid who had been in the prison for nine years and was about to be executed without being guilty. I still have a few pages to go but I did peek in the end and things will be all right. This is funny because I almost never read the back of a book or dvd but most of the time I like to peek to see the ending; it doesn´t spoil the book for me, I can take my time and see how everything developes to the end.

We also watched the movie "A Mighty Heart" with Angelina Jolie in it. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0829459/
Very sad. Sad to know stuff like that happens and has happened before, will be happening. What a crazy place this world is today. I was feeling all blue after the movie; it was so intensive and watching it just made one pray there is a happy ending, there HAS TO BE a happy ending I mean this is a fricking MOVIE!!!! But no. I still say do watch it if you have not.

More will be coming up this week; I´ve been working on some poems that I might publish here. Have a good and happy week; think of this day, not yesterday or tomorrow and try to find something beautiful in it!

Please excuse all the mistakes in spelling; I hope they don´t spoil your reading in case that you are...reading :D

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti